I am not a huge fan of resolution. I think that the market behind NYRs is often a way for people to have something to say in conversation or to talk about ways that they think they should be. Instead of having resolutions this year, I would like to devote this posts to things that I think will help me become more like the adults I want to be. Here are a few things that I believe I can (and will) improve on to become a better me.
1. Become a better listener
"Be the type of listener that people love to talk to; be the type of talker that people love to listen to."
I want to become a deeper listener. I want to be in the moment in conversation, and listen to what people aren't saying as well as what they are. I want to stop thinking of what I should respond with in a conversation, and start being more comfortable with questions and silence.
2. Make time for a healthy life
I want to make a healthy lifestyle my normal. I want to devote myself to working out, to running and to eating for my body. I want to drink less alcohol and go on more runs.
3. Be more responsible financially
I want to start thinking for the future. This year I will pay off my loans, I will save more efficiently, and I will stop spending my paychecks on nonsense.
4. Write more
Writing is a way that I feel very proud of myself. I feel good when I do it; and I want to be better at it. I will write, at minimum once a week. I will fine tune my craft, and look for outlets to express myself publicly.
No comments:
Post a Comment