This weekend, my home community suffered two great tragedies. One young person is missing and has been for the last 24 hours. In some communities this is not cause for alarm, but in ours it is. There was a prayer vigil tonight. That same night, a few hours later, another young man lost his life in a car accident. Needless to say, the community has been struck and deeply saddened.
Because I live far from home, I find myself looking at the community from a birds eye view. The rally of support and love a midst these tragedies is astounding. While my heart breaks for these families and friends of these young men, I am a proud member of the CDH community tonight. They have taught all of these young people a great lesson on what it means to gather together when times get tough. They have embodied the principles of a sense of community and pillars of faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment