Monday, November 11, 2013

Grace

I am a list maker.

Whenever I feel overwhelmed, I make a list. When I am feeling inspired, I make a list. To me, there is nothing more gratifying that crossing something off. Admittedly, I sometimes put something on my list that I have already completed, just to feel the satisfying feeling of crossing it off.

A few years ago, I made a list of things that I wanted to accomplish. They are bigger picture goals, not my daily list. There is something tangible about writing things down that makes them real; and holds me accountable. Here is my list of things that I want to have accomplished by the time I am thirty:


  • Run a full marathon
  • Write and publish a book
  • Get married
  • Have a child
  • Own a house

A good friend and mentor told me that because of my personality style, I need to do a better job about relishing in my accomplishments. Too often I move through life, checking things of my list and forget to celebrate my accomplishments. So here is to Terry-thank you for the advice.

  • Ran a half marathon
  • Started a blog
  • Paid off 75% of my loans
  • Got involved in parish life
  • Regular volunteer

Life is good, glorious and worth every second. Thank you, Terry, for making me stop and take a look at all of the good I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment