Sunday, August 23, 2015

Bahston


image1 (3)
East coast norms still catch me off guard.
My four years living out here have given me buzz word historical stories to lean on like a native “Yes, Abigail Adams, DID live in Weymouth,” I can tell you the quickest back route to 3A on a Friday afternoon, and I have a strong opinion on Mary Lou’s versus Dunkin Donuts. My Minnesotan nature is hard to lose. Inevitably, when I am being introduced, the introducee will make reference to how I am not from here. I am always okay with this.
After weekends like this, where we have multiple functions with my husbands (weird, that is the first time I typed that) coworkers, I find myself spending Sundays exhausted by my poser self that came out over the weekend. I think I even tried to drop a casual, wicked,  into a conversation. Even now, I have a hard time getting used to the aggressive advice giving, the blank stares as you smile at strangers, and the air of lviing in the best state in the US.
But damn, it sure is a pretty place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment