I used to get a lot of pride from finding the best way to string together a thought.Writing was a puzzle for me. It was a game to see how best I could make the words dance off of the paper. I loved the feeling of reading the lines out loud and saying damn, that is awesome.
I have spent a lot of time and energy concerning myself with finding a niche. Creating a blog around a certain topic, only to get bored or question my expertise on the matter. Pitching articles on what is trending, rather than what I am excited about.
The internet is full of advice on how to write. Some writers say it is important to write at teh same time every day. Others, when the mood strikes. Some say to write about what you know, and other tell you not to limit your creativity.
How do I know what to do? Which path do I follow?
For starters, I think I will stay basic. I will write about whatever the heck I feel like writing about. I will write not to get published, I will write because I love it. I will write because the only way I will improve is by practice.
And lastly, I will write because I don't know what I think until I read what I write.
No comments:
Post a Comment